The Misuse of a Great Building- a story of what could've been..

The area where I work is surrounded by several auto repair shops, hardware stores, tire outlets, etc. There is also the occasional a few fast food restaurant scattered about. Not long ago, a really great nursery vacated its building for a much larger location a few towns over. It left behind a building that was structurally intriguing (it had windows of different sizes and shapes, an outdoor seating area, and a wooded area in the back), and had the ability to become something that would liven up the industrial area. I had dreams of some kind of bistro, boutique, trinket shop, SOMETHING that would give everyone a break from all things automotive and hardware. Unfortunately, word came out that the building was going to become another hardware store. I find it really hard to believe that the little town where I work really needs another store of that variety, so I guess we will see where that goes. Should the business close, I'm really hoping for a coffee shop/bakery. 

Comments

Popular Posts